Benefits of Laminate
Laminate is versatile, easy to maintain and reasonably priced. With today’s technology, laminate is made to look like natural wood.
Laminate looks so realistic today, people often ask is that laminate or hardwood. With the wear layer on the laminate, it resists fading from UV light exposure.
There are various shades and finishes to choose from. Some laminates offer a distress and textured options giving you the look and feel of hardwood.
Laminate can also be installed over almost any existing flooring.
Installation of Laminate
Before Installation: Laminate flooring will need to acclimate for at least 12-24 hours prior to installation. The existing flooring will need to be removed and disposed of, the furniture and small personal household items will need to be moved to a safe place during the removal and installation process. Small items to consider moving are pictures, personal items and knick knacks. Bullet Flooring can offer a removal and disposal service as well as furniture moving.
During Installation: Laminate is generally installed by the click and lock system. Each plank fits with each other and click into place. The installer will determine if the laminate can be installed directly over the existing flooring or if it needs to be removed. (The consumer and the field manager may go over this initially) The moisture barrier will be installed prior to the installation of the laminate. Once the moisture barrier is installed, the laminate is ready.
Care & Maintenance
The beauty and life of your new laminate flooring starts and ends with the care and maintenance.
- Make sure to use a damp cloth to blot spills and spots as soon as they happen.
- Sweep, dust or vacuum the floor regularly with the hard floor attachment (not the beater bar) to prevent accumulation of dirt or grit that can scratch or dull the floor finish.
- Occasionally wipe the floor with a damp mop or cloth
- Always check with you flooring manufacture for care and maintenance instructions for warranty
- Don't use oil based, wax, polish or strong ammoniated (vinegar) or abrasive cleaners
- Don't use steel wool or scouring powder
- Don't wash or wet-mop the floor with soap, water, oil soap detergent, or any other liquid clening material.
- Don't use any type of buffing machine
Floor protectors for furniture:
- Use good quality floor protector pads for all furniture and chairs.
*Keep pets nails trimmed to help eliminate scratches and do not wear spiked shoes such as: golf shoes, cleats or stiletto heels which may indent the flooring*
"I cannot say enough about the quality of workmanship, attention to detail and pricing of Bullet Flooring. My wood floor and floor tile is my 2nd project and will not be my last. 1st class all the way. Thank you!"
– Denise M.
"Love Bullet Flooring! They have tiled our floors downstairs, done our kitchen backsplash, and tiled the walls of two of our bathrooms. Professional staff and excellent results. Would and have recommended them."
– Sue L.
"Bullet has done several projects on our home. I highly recommend Bullet. Honest, professional and very easy to work with. They take great pride in their work. I will continue to use them. Very reliable and efficient in their work. You won’t be disappointed you called them."
– Dina F.